A Rich Old Man Dies And His Three Sons Inherit His Estate

A rich old man dies and his three sons inherit his estate

One’s a doctor, one’s a lawyer, and one’s a priest.

His dying request to the three of them is that to show their gratitude for all the money he’s leaving them, he wants each to take out $10,000 and put it in his coffin.

The day of the funeral comes, and each of the sons dutifully puts a paper bag in the old man’s casket.

They meet up for a drink later.

The priest shamefacedly confesses:

“I couldn’t sleep a wink last night, thinking of all the good our church could do with $10,000. Finally, I decided to just put some wadded-up newspaper in there. Surely dad would understand!”

The doctor sighs in relief.

“I’m so glad you said that! I couldn’t stop thinking about the life-saving equipment our hospital could buy for $10,000, so I also just put some newspaper in the bag. He’ll never know the difference.”

The lawyer wipes his mouth and frowns.

“I’m ashamed of you both. Really, I can’t believe you guys! It was dad’s last request!”

“So, you actually put the money in?”

“Of course! My bag contained my personal check for $10,000!”

Share:

Blog Archive